Pine, spruce, alder cones are remarkably beautiful and will be an excellent complement to home decor. But they have one more remarkable property: they perfectly absorb essential oils, keeping a pleasant aroma in the room for a long time.
If you are lucky to live near the forest or you have a conifer tree growing in your country house, then it will not be difficult to collect the cones. If in your climate zone coniferous trees do not grow, it is easy to buy a package with cones in stores for needlework.
Nice-smelling cones can be folded into a vase or basket and make a small light fixture by adding an LED strip or placing a candle in a glass candlestick.
- 1/2 glass of water (it is best to use distilled water, but ordinary tap water is also suitable)
- 10 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops of clove essential oil
- Small spray bottle
- Plastic bags with zipper
If you bought bumps in the store, you do not need to clean them. They are already washed, dried and ready for the next step - the saturation of aroma.
Wash and dry cones
The cones brought from the forest must be pretreated. For this:
1. The oven must be heated to 100 ° C.
2. Fill a large container with water by adding some dishwashing liquid to it.
3. Rinse the cones and drain the water.
4. Place a sheet of parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking sheet and lay out the cones.
Dry the cones for 40 minutes. This process will get rid of sticky tar and remove all tiny insects. We do not need to have non-asked forest guests frolic in the house? Let the pine cones cool down before proceeding to the next step.
Soak the cones with essential oils
1. In a bottle with a spray, mix water and essential oils.
2. Cones will be folded in 3 layers. Put ⅓ of the cones in a plastic bag and spray with a spray. Put the second, then the rest, each time flavoring the bumps with a mixture of water and essential oils. Now you can close the package so that the bumps are thoroughly soaked with fragrant mixture for 3 days - 1 week.
3. After 3 days, remove one cone from the bag and determine if it is saturated enough. If not, let the cones brew for another week.
4. Arrange the fragrant-smelling cones into a nice pot or basket.
If desired, create a beautiful autumn composition with cinnamon sticks, small pumpkins and apples.